boxing

Fury Wilder 3 Odds: Tyson Fury favorite for the first time in the trilogy with bettors agreeing

The Gypsy King has received the lion’s share of wagers to beat the Bronze Bomber again

The Gypsy King has received the lion’s share of wagers to beat the Bronze Bomber again

Following the announcement that Fury-Wilder III could be taking place in Australia at Christmas, the betting market on the third fight between the pair has been receiving increased attention.

Fury has been installed as a comfortable favorite by bookmakers, with his odds of -266 indicative of a 72.67% chance of victory. By comparison, Wilder’s price of +275 implies just a 26.67% chance, whilst the biggest price is for the draw at a chunky +3000 (3.23%).

And bettors have demonstrated that they agree with the favoritism of Fury, with 51% of wagers backing the mercurial fighter compared to 35% for the deposed champion Wilder. Despite the hefty odds, 14% of wagers have backed them to repeat the result of their first encounter with a draw.

READ  Eddie Hearn: “Dillian Whyte should take priority over Anthony Joshua and Fury”

As previously mentioned, this marks the first time that Fury has been a frontrunner with oddsmakers in this saga; for his first clash with Deontay Wilder, the Englishman was an outsider on fight night at +140 compared to -170 for the American.

That fight ended in a draw that many felt Fury has actually won, but he remained an underdog – albeit narrower – for their second meeting at +105, with the then-unbeaten Wilder at -105.

Oddschecker spokesperson Pete Watt: “The similarities between Tyson Fury and Rocky Balboa continue to grow with the Gypsy King also tipped to fight on Christmas on the other side of the world.”

“It is no surprise to see Fury elevated to favorite given the career-defining performance in their last fight, but the extent to which he is fancied by oddsmakers’ and bettors alike may raise some eyebrows.”

READ  Eddie Hearn: “Dillian Whyte should take priority over Anthony Joshua and Fury”

“Wilder was a shadow of the destroyer that we’ve seen come before and plenty of excuses were given, but the fact that the current odds – which would allow bettors to more than double their money – have attracted a minority of wagers is a testament to the fighting skills of Fury – and perhaps a lack of faith in the recovery skills of Wilder.”

0 comments on “Fury Wilder 3 Odds: Tyson Fury favorite for the first time in the trilogy with bettors agreeing

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Email
WhatsApp
Tweet
Share