Stick. Move. Destroy!!! That’s how we’d sum up Mike Tyson’s Tuesday training session — when the 54-year-old exploded on some mitts while working on a ridiculous 5-punch combo.
And yeah … IT’S AWESOME!
The man taking the punishment is Mike’s trainer Rafael Cordeiro — who’s leading the boxing legend through a grueling 5-day-a-week training regimen for his Nov. 28 showdown with Roy Jones Jr.
As TMZ previously reported, Mike and Roy will headline a pretty stacked card featuring some pretty interesting fights … including Nate Robinson vs. Jake Paul and Badou Jack vs. Blake McKernan.
Also, Viddal Riley — the fighter who trained KSI for his fights with Logan Paul — will take on ex-UFC fighter Rashad Coulter.
The event will air on the Triller app and via Pay-Per-View. It’s also the first in a series of events for Tyson’s new Legends Only League, created by Mike and Eros Innovations — which will feature some of the greatest athletes of all time getting back into competition.
The California State Athletic Commission had cautioned fans that the Tyson vs. Jones fight was going to be more of a show than a real fight … but both Mike and Roy have said the goal is to take each other out.
“This is search and destroy and I’m looking forward to recapturing my glory,” Mike told us earlier this month.
“The fighting game is what I’m about and hurting people is what I’m about.”
Roy Jones Jr. Not Backing Out of Mike Tyson Fight, But Hammering Out Issues
Roy Jones Jr. is NOT pulling the plug on his scheduled fight with Mike Tyson … but there is some truth to rumors of tension behind the scenes.
Here’s what we know … Roy wasn’t happy when Tyson’s camp agreed to push back the date of the fight from Sept. 12 to Nov. 28.
Roy already had begun training and was on a strict timeline to prepare himself. So, when the date changed … we’re told he was frustrated and vented his issues to Tyson’s camp and the people organizing the fight.
We’re told there were other minor issues … but it all boils down to this — Roy wants to be treated like an equal partner in the fight and after he laid out his concerns, we’re told he was happy with the way they were addressed and agreed to proceed with the fight on Nov. 28.
In fact, Roy even posted an IG video this week saying straight up, he’ll be ready and looking for a real deal victory over Tyson when they clash.
One thing that’s bothered both fighters is the insinuation from the California State Athletic Commission that the fight will be more of a playful show than a violent fight.
Sources from both Tyson’s camp and Roy’s camp tell us both men are approaching the event like they would any other fight in their respective careers.
Tyson and Roy have said to TMZ Sports on camera the goal is a knockout … and they will be COMPETING once the bell rings.